Welcome to Espoo
Espoo is the second-largest city in Finland with its 250 000 inhabitants and it is a part of Helsinki metropolitan area. Espoos location on the coastal Finland offers excellent traffic connections. It is easy to reach, just a half an hour from the Helsinki airport and harbors.
Espoo is also known as a youthful and dynamic urban growth area, making skilful use of the latest technological innovations and visions. The Citys's innovative spirit complemented by the campus of Aalto University in Otaniemi, and multinational companies like Nokia, Rovio Entertainment with its Angry Birds, Kone, Fortum and Neste Oil attracts continuous interest from science, research and business professionals worldwide.
Espoo is a vibrant city where science, culture and business meet unspoilt wilderness of the Nuuksio National park. Nature in all its forms and upscale program services provides endless ways to clear your thoughts: go trekking, paddling or snowshoeing or take a dip into the ice-cold sea. The wonders of the Finnish archipelago are never far away in Espoo thanks to 58 kilometres of shoreline and 165 islands.
Espoo offers several museums, exhibitions and events. A cross-section of modern Finnish art in EMMA - Espoo Museum of Modern Art is worth experiencing. At the same time you may visit some of the interesting, varying domestic or international exhibitions.
- Places to visit
- Nuuksio National Park
- The Finnish Nature Centre Haltia
- Espoo Archipelago - Guided theme cruises
- Recreational Islands - Scheduled boats
- WeeGee Exhibition Centre (5 different museums)
- Santa’s Hideaway Cottage
- Espoo by bike
Espoo offers almost 600 kilometers of cycling trails. Visit museums, cultural attractions, beaches or just enjoy the beautiful nature while getting in shape.
- Restaurants and cafes
- Restaurant Tapiontori - Tapiola
- Kalabaari (Fish restaurant) - Tapiola
- Restaurant Haikaranpesä (at the top of water tower) - Haukilahti near Tapiola
- Restaurant Johannes - Hotel Hanasaari
- Restaurant Ranta - Otaniemi
- Restaurant Gula Villan on Iso Vasikkasaari island
- Haukilahti Pavillon
- Stockmann Department Store in Tapiola
- Sello Shopping Centre in Leppävaara
- Small outlets and special shops around the city